Farah Putrinegara and Shazeema Mashood Shah
What is “WeShine Early Intervention Program” about?
Early Intervention Program (EIP) is a system of services to help young children who have developmental delays or problems. WeShine Intervention program is an early intervention program for children with developmental delays or problems such as Autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Slow Learners, Dyslexia etc developed by two certified clinical psychologists, Farah Putrinegara and Shazeema Bt Mashood Shah of WeCare Allied Health Center in Taman Tun Dr Ismail, Kuala Lumpur.
Farah and Shazeema have been providing services to children with developmental problems since 2010 and found that there was a lack of appropriate intervention programs to enrol children with developmental problems to help them address their unique difficulties. This inspired them to initiate their own early intervention program.
This program is unique from others in many ways. The main reason would be that, upon entering WeShine EIP, your child will undergo an assessment conducted by two experienced clinical psychologists who will give you the answers to all your questions in regards to their education and development. This assessment will identify your child’s precise developmental level as well as their strengths and weaknesses.
This information, in turn will be used for the development of your child’s Individual Education Plan (IEP), which is unique to your child and caters to his/her abilities, culture, background and education system.
Each EIP plan is also constructed by WeCare’s credible, multi-disciplinary team of professionals that consists of clinical psychologists, occupational therapists, special needs educators and speech language pathologists. Furthermore, our clinical psychologists will also be hands on working with the team to update, revise and review your child’s progress and fulfil your child’s needs. Therefore, your child is getting all the help that he/she needs under one roof.
Overall, this EIP is constructed according to your child for your child – one child’s program is different to another.
WeShine Early Intervention Program focuses on helping eligible children learn the basic and brand-new skills that typically develop during the first few years of life, such as
- physical (reaching, rolling, crawling, and walking);
- cognitive (thinking, learning, solving problems);
- communication (talking, listening, understanding);
- social/emotional (playing, feeling secure and happy); and
- self-help (eating, dressing).
Many parents have no idea where to send their kids, and might send them to normal kindergartens which may not be suitable for their children. This EIP will help your child catch-up and increase their chances for success in school and life overall. Some children have a relatively routine entry into the world, but may develop slower than others, experience set – backs, or develop in ways that seem very different from other children. Hence, WeShine Early Intervention Program is here to provide the right services for your child’s needs and help enhance their skills.
Enrolling in WeShine EIP
To be eligible for WeShine EIP, your child must have
- Developmental problems
- Level of Functioning: Mild to Moderate
After being selected, your child will undergo a Psychological Assessment in order to assess their strengths and weaknesses. This is to help us create and Individual Education Plan (IEP) for your Child.
Your child’s IEP Plan
An IEP is an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) that specifically caters to your child’s needs to improve his or her skills. This IEP for your child will be created by the Clinical Psychologist with the assistance of WeCare’s Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Special Education Teacher.
We understand that every child is unique and we aim to nurture their potential and enhance their skills in a friendly and conducive environment. We will also boost their emotional wellbeing and self-confidence to develop a well-rounded and happy child.
Our WeShine EIP Team
- Clinical Psychologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Special Needs Educator
This program is developed and run by two experienced Certified Clinical Psychologists who are specialists in Child Development. We know that the development of each child is different and that they may unique characteristics and potential. We aim to utilize our expertise with the help of our team- Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Special Needs Educator to make sure that your child receives all the help under one roof. We will make sure that your child receives an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) which not only focuses on their academic abilities, but on their socialization, communication and daily living skills. We also aim to create a happy, cheerful and friendly environment for your child.
What do Clinical Psychologists do?
Hours: 3 ½ hours daily 5x a week
Time: Morning (8.30 – 12pm) & After Program (1.30 – 5pm)
Age Group: 4 – 12 years old
How We Do It
- Our in-house clinical psychologist will conduct an assessment with your child in the beginning of every semester to assess your child’s strengths, weaknesses, their potential and their emotional wellbeing so that the program includes a very comprehensive and effective module specifically catered to your child’s needs.
- At the end of the semester, the clinical psychologist will meet you to discuss the progress of your child and any other issues that needs to be addressed. We use a holistic approach towards our program therefore we will also integrate the progress report from our EIP team.
- You will also have access to our clinical psychologist in regards to issues that are not related to the learning process such as emotional problems, behavioural concerns, management of disorder, etc.
- Your child will also receive 2 hours group session with the clinical psychologist every week.
- Our program includes 1 hour group session with the occupational therapist every day.
- Our program includes 1 group session with the speech therapist every month.
- We will also conduct 1 free talk / seminar every semester for parents.
|Booking Fee/Registration Fee||RM200||Non-Refundable
Will be converted into registration fees upon registration
|Assessment by Clinical Psychologist||Developmental Screening by Clinical Psychologist: RM600||Compulsory|
|One Month Deposit||RM2,400||Refundable, provided one-month notice is given|
|Resource Fees||RM1000||Per Year/Yearly
|Semester Fees||RM2,400 (per month) X 3 months = RM7,200 (per semester)||
Each semester is 3 months
Child Safety Policy
- Strict pick up policy; Only parents and guardian registered in the application form is permitted to enter to pick up their children.
- Parents are to inform or call the WeCare Allied Health Center if there are changes during pick up and drop off.
- Parents are advised to give us a backup emergency contact, in case we are unable to reach the primary contact number.